In this meeting I explained my motivations for running and my political philosophy.
Why I am running
I was involved in protecting the freedom of association movement with respect to our caucus convention system and also with the tax referendum; as a participant and donor.
Through this process I became concerned with the state of our legislature in Utah. I believes we need to go back to our conservative roots and the principles outlined in our party platform.
Places I believe we have swayed from those principles include:
- 1st amendment right of freedom of association, speech and religious freedom
- 2nd Amendment right to bear arms
- Pro life issues
- Fair and Equitable tax policy which should always consider spending first
- Proper Role of Government
What credentials make me qualified?
- Being an entrepreneur gives me an understanding of running and building a business
- Being a professor gives me insight into our education system and the problems in higher ed “we need to educate not indoctrinate”
- Being a parent gives me insight into our primary and secondary education system and understanding that the closer decisions are to parents the better.
- Being an Economist and Data scientist gives me insights into our taxing structure and its effect on the economy
- Being a platform republican and firm believer in the wisdom of our founders gives me insight into the proper and rightful role of government
Pleas watch the video of questions and responses