We recognize the traditional family as the fundamental unit of society.We affirm that parents have the fundamental right and primary responsibility to direct the upbringing of their children and to provide nurturing care, discipline and training in moral values.
Utah Republican Platform
I support traditional family values.
- Acceptance: welcoming others whose ideas and practices differ from your own you can accept another even if you disagree
- Compassion: understanding the suffering of others, being considerate and treating others well
- Cooperation: helping your family and friends, returning favors
- Courage: willingness to do difficult things, standing by your core moral values
- Education: supporting the education of children is a fundamental duty of parents among the most important decisions that families make
- Equality: believing everyone deserves equal rights and to be treated with respect even those we disagree with
- Generosity: willingness to give resources, help or time to others
- Gratitude: showing appreciation to others, letting loved ones know what you appreciate about them
- Honesty: being truthful and sincere treat other as you would want to be treated
- Integrity: sticking to your moral and ethical principles and values, reliably doing what is right even when it is difficult, being true to your word
- Politeness: using good manners, acting in socially acceptable ways
- Respect: showing consideration for the worth of someone or something
- Responsibility: being reliable in your obligations and doing what you say you will
- Right to life: a moral society cannot be sustained unless full human rights are extended to the unborn.
- Self-control: staying in control of your words and behavior
- Tolerance: having a fair and objective attitude towards different opinions, beliefs or practices but always retain your own standard
A good moral character is the first essential in a man. It is therefore highly important that you should endeavor not only to be learned but virtuous.”
I had rather be shut up in a very modest cottage, with my books, my family, and a few old friends, dining on simple bacon, and letting the world roll on as it liked, than to occupy the most splendid post which any human power can give.